Sunday, January 31, 2010

TAG

Shruti Mukundan had tagged me some time ago and I promised that I would take it up a s a p. As per rules of the tag one is supposed to tell 7 things about himself / herself which no one knows. Her reason of tagging me was to know my secrets. Well, if I tell what no one knows about me, would those remain secrets anymore? LOL.

Anyways here it goes –

1. I had a dream of becoming an engineer but did not want to put burden on my father, so joined NDA after Higher Secondary.
2. I believe there is nothing wrong in doing what you wish to as long as your conscience allows it and it is so hurting to see any youngster losing out on what he or she wishes to do for want of proper guidance as I had. I am always ready to help those who seem to be in need and at times go out of my way to offer so after striking rapport even having been misunderstood at times.
3. I have some principles in life with foremost being “ If you can not help someone do not harm or hurt that person unless it is in performance of your duty.”
4. I am very open and frank. I like other persons to be so. However if it is something which may hurt someone’s feelings without leading to any common good, I choose to be silent.
5. I dream of having a farmhouse in remote place close to nature with lots of fruit trees, plants and rivulet running through the place. And of course a lot of dogs too.
6. It pains me to no end when someone while seeking guidance denies an obvious fact of life. After all I have also gone through the same growing up process.
7. I am very afraid of becoming a liability in my old age so I want to depart this world in one sudden go and not after lingering around.

As per rules I am supposed to tag 7 persons but I leave it to those who wish to take it up.

Shruti, hope this meets the need.

13 comments:

Ramit Grover said...

When you finally manage to get that farm house, I want to come visit!

I completely agree to point 6. It's irritating!

And for point 7, that's the biggest fear I have

Amrita said...

Hmmm ..well they were not secrets.. they were more like your thoughts but nicely done tag :)

Hmm and u are good at giving guidance.. people seeking them should not turn a bling eye at some obvious facts...

Shruti Narayanan said...

hello sir,

it was gr8 to read the tag. u seem to be a person with 'openion'. seriously its such a pleasure to interact with such ppl where u get to learn sumthing. am sure i have enuf to learn from u. thansk for all the guidence u keep giving. i just wanted to tell u that i seriously acknoledge ur guidence. thank u :)

Indranee Batabyal said...

Nice, neat blog...loved reading the posts!

Jack said...

BALD GUY :

You are most welcome. Take care


AMRITA :

These are thoughts but no one knew of these earlier. Take care


SHRUTI :

As I said earlier, I feel so happy if someone is benefitted with my advice. Take care


INDRANEE :

Welcome to my space. I feel glad that you liked my writings. Hope you read some of my older posts too. I will visit you soon.
Take care

Pooja said...

Nicely done tag, I hope your dream of owning a farm with lots and lots of dogs come true and soon :)

Arooj said...

hi Sir

very appropriate way presenting one's true self infront of others...
well..thanks that u did consider my zigzag posts...and thanks that for showing ur interest in my poetry..actually i write in urdu...i got published my book 4 years back...well...i will send u some poems...hope u ll get while written in english alphabate as urdu sound like hindi...

Jack said...

POO :

It is so nice to see you here. I too hope so and all my friends are welcome to unwind from the hulla bulla of world whenever they want to. Take care


HM :

I feel so honourd to know someone who's book if published. I am looking forward to your poems. You may mail these to me, if you wish to. I learnt Urdu in 1958 but due to lack of practice have become hazy in reading but can understand it well. Take care

PhilO♥ said...

Hey!!
My exams are over :)
Yep, I have posted a kinda happy poem :) I mean, it depends on how you take it. Check it out :D

geeta said...

I am with you on point 3,6 and 7....
I hope apart from the farm house may lots and lots of your wishes come true....

Escapist said...

Hiya Jack---
Boss great to know some secrets of your's...

And just manage the farm soon and throw out the party.....

Jolliieess:)

Jack said...

GEETA :

I too hope so and if I do have that farm house, you are welcome to visit. Take care


ESCAPIST :

Sure, it will be a big party where all my friend will be most welcome with their better halves. Take care

Tranquility Speaks said...

Another revelation! I swear by your Rule Number 3. If cant do them any good, don't even hurt/harm them. So true!